Entergy rested after a few brief depositions were admitted, and then the State put on it first witness, Bill Steinhurst, who has been involved with VT energy policy for more than two decades. It took the state 90 minutes to elicit the idea that VT has always been concerned about sustainability and efficiency in it energy policies and closing VY might MIGHT MIGHT aid those goals. The direct was long and inefficient and the main points that might have been helpful the state were never developed. The cross is about to start soon, but if this first witness is any indication of the rest of state’s case, it does not look good.
Recent Major Briefs
- June 5, 2012, State of Vermont Brief in the Second Circuit (Yankee)
- September 26, 2011, Vermont Post Trial Memo
- September 26, 2011, Entergy Post Trial Memo
- July 18, 2011, Memorandum and Order on Plaintiffs’ Motion for a Preliminary Injunction
- June 13, 2011, Amicus brief of Commonwealth of Mass.
- June 13, 2011, Vermont Proposed Sur-reply to Entergy Reply